Monday 21 May 2012

Restuarant: Italian Touch

To start off this restaurant entry I thought I would talk about some Italian history: 

My Boyfriend Kaden Prete is a 5th generation Canadian Italian. His Great Great  Grand father came to North America with his wife Carmela Miraglia from Trivingo, Potenzo, Italy somewhere in the late 1800's.
 I often tease Kaden and tell his that they were kicked out of Italy because their last name was "Prete" meaning "'priest’, derived from Old Italian previte, a nickname for a pious man or for someone in the service of a priest, or for someone suspected of being the son of a priest".
 But in actuality his great Grad father and Great Grandmother probably just wanted to start a new life in a new country rich with possibility. I had tracked the Pretes in Trivingo back into the early 1600's, so to say the least, maybe it was time for a change. I would almost guaranty that Kaden has distant relatives in Trivingo, for a name that has been in a town for hundreds of years does not just disappear.
I was once sitting in a hair salon getting my hair done, and Kaden was waiting in the waiting area, when I noticed a man sit next to him and start up a conversation.  They talked for a long time and apparently about many things. Kaden told me that the man had asked him about his background (Kaden looks very Italian),  and had then asked him about his girlfriends background (me).  Kaden told him that he was Italian and that I was French. "Ahhhh" said the man, "Italian Men and French woman and destined lovers". I thought about this for a long time, trying to figure out the connection. I think I finally understand. French and Italian cultures are both romantic. They symbolize beauty, simplicity, taste, scent, and adoration. J'adore this connection.

Now to the Restaurant We Go!
With all of our connections to Italy, we love and adore Italian food! When we walked up to the Front of The Italian Touch, I noticed how simple and elegant it looks. We asked for a seat on the patio and the host very graciously allowed us to sit in a  reserved seat! We got prime seating without reservations! We never do reservation though.
Drinks: We ordered two Caesars and they were the best Caesars that we had ever had at a restaurant! They were served in tall swervy glasses and were served with celery instead of a spicy bean which is the BEST WAY! Also they were icy cold! non of this luke warm on ice business that you get at so many other restaurants.
Food: 
They brought us fresh focaccia bread with balsamic vinegar and olive oil dip, it was a very addition to our drinks and start to our Italian experience.
I ordered the  Fisherman's Boat Linguine, which is made "With fresh mussels, clams, shrimps, salmon, diced tomatoes, pesto, garlic and white wine. $18.95".
The seafood was cooked very nicely and the sauce was not over powering so as to allow the natural flavors of the seafood to be tasted.
Kaden ordered  Spaghetti Marco Pollo which is made "With bacon, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes in a pesto cream sauce. $15.9".
Kaden added chicken ;) The sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes made this dish very very flavorful, it was festive tasting as though it was whipped up from the harvest on a Italian farm.
 

Website: http://www.italiantouch.ca/pastas.html

No comments:

Post a Comment